Saturday, March 25, 2017

Justice League Trailer

I'm sure you guys are seeing this everywhere, and that's great! I just wanted to show it off a bit and then I'll do my own little review of it. I've decided that this blog is going to expand to trailers, posters, reviews, drawings, and anything that's cinema related because hey, it's all a piece of cake.





                  Alright, I'm not the biggest fan of the DCEU, but I have to admit that this trailer is pretty sick. I really enjoyed all of the different scenes, and so far, it looks like the movie is going to be exectured well. Hopefully Zack Snyder doesn't mess it up like Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.
                  Okay, the first thing that struck me was that the beginning of the trailer is set in a very similar region like that of Batman Begins. Now maybe that's a coincidence, but c'mon, you can't tell me that the icebergs and everything don't remind you of Christian Bale's first climb to meet Ra's al Ghul. Alright, so Bruce Wayne gives some voice-over about a threat coming to Earth, to which Diana
responds that it's already here.
                  I'd like to know how Bruce Wayne is even aware that a threat is coming from off-world. Now, granted, he's rich and he's probably got a secret satellite floating up in space, but that's something I'd like explained.
                  Okay, next thing that comes up that I think is worth a mention is the little box that morphs into a sort of Blue Beetle/robot bug looking thing that is obviously bad. I don't know much about DC, but based off of what people have been saying, I guess it's some minion of Steppenwolf? Don't kill me DC Fan boys.
                  Up next! We have Aquaman, who I must admit looks like an absolute boss. His costume I think was done very well in the sense that Zack Snyder tried to modernize it. The trident is something I wouldn't want to be on the other side of.
                  Cyborg! I dunno, I'm used to the Teen Titans version of Cyborg, so I'm not really digging
the whole skinny Cyborg look, but I like how he's still got the one red eye and that his mechanical figure is definitely a force to be reckoned with.
                  Now, the Flash is probably going to be my favorite character in this film. He's quirky, fast, and weird. Kinda like me. But I like that he's going to be sorta the comic relief in the movie. He's basically everyone's kid. Annoying, but they keep him around. The suit looks stunning, and I really like what they are doing with his zooming and how there's a blue electric aura around him whenever he goes super speedy-like.
                  Alright, next up: Diana's next line in the voice-over. "They said the age of heroes would never come again." Who's "they?" Cuz last I checked, everyone likes a hero. I guess it's just one of those catchy and cool lines that every movie tries to throw in to make it more appealing, y'know?
Probably just to give it an epic feel. If that's it, I dig it.
                  "Justice For All" are the captions we get, which... I guess. But it doesn't seem to pertain to anything. Another epic buff most likely.
                  I think my favorite part of this whole trailer was the dialogue between Barry and Bruce: "So what are your superpowers again?" "I'm rich." Haha, basically. It's good that DC can make fun of themselves a little bit.
                  Right after that, the remix of "Come Together" didn't really click with me. If they had left it with the original version, it probably wouldn't have fit the trailer, but I still didn't like the new singer and heavier chords. It's just not right, and as an 70s and 80s fanatic, that kinda turned me off.
                  But the trailer saves itself by showing A LOT OF ACTION. Oh my gosh, this is definitely going to be a jam-packed movie. I just hope they don't overstuff it like they did BvS, that was just too much. I want a lot of punching, cool one-liners, and stunning visual effects, which is what Zack Snyder seems he's going to be delivering.
                  Overall, I was very impressed with the trailer, and I can't wait to see what they're going to do in the three hour frame they're formatting the movie in.


Bibliography:

No comments:

Post a Comment