Thursday, March 2, 2017

Piece Of Cake Website Announcement

                  Hey folks! Emmaus Nakagawa here. I mean, I've been the only contributor to this blog for some time now, but that's okay I can still introduce myself.
                  Alright, as has been so clearly labeled in the title post above, I have an announcement that
I would like you all to be aware of: Piece of Cake's new website is looking great! So far, I have built up the general skeleton and I've put some layering on. Now, the hard part is adding some cool animation so that it's not just a boring click website.
                  I'm going to be working on linking this blog to the primary Piece of Cake site, and also linking some more important pages to that site like a YouTube Channel that I can hopefully start soon. I am saving up for a pretty nice camera, so if I do post YouTube videos soon, don't expect 1080 P Resolution.
                  Now the whole idea behind Piece of Cake was originally that I wanted to do some movie reviews. I love movies so so much, and I loved the idea of being a legitimate film critic while I'm still relatively young. I wanted to do movie reviews because I think we can all agree that film critics today are as trustworthy as Weather Forecasts: most of the time they're wrong, and there's a slight 1/10 chance that they get something right and the viewers agree with them.
                  But now, Piece of Cake has evolved in my mind to be much more than that. I want to put myself into one media form that encompasses who I am as a whole. I have many different interests, and I wanted to see if I couldn't put all of me into something easy and accessible. So I thought, "Well hey! Websites are pretty versatile!" So I started building one.
                  Now, the name of Piece of Cake won't just be related to movie reviews and the occasional video game review. It's going to be about ADVENTURES, WILD IDEAS, MOVIES, VIDEO GAMES, MAGIC, and hopefully so much more. 
                  I want to put myself out there because I want to, not because I need the approval of a bunch of people I call my friends. I want to put myself out there because I am Emmaus Nakagawa, and I feel like I have something to say about myself. 
                  Hopefully people see that and think it's pretty cool who I am, but even if I get three views on my blog and two likes and fifty dislikes on my YouTube videos, I'll keep at it. Because I'm going to love every minute of it. I'm going to keep doing what I love because I don't need your approval. 
                  If you see me and bash me in other videos of yours, you're only making my name more popular. And there will probably be a handful of people that actually go to my channel to see if I'm really that bad, but they'll disagree. They'll like me, and they'll appreciate me. Those are the ones I'll
be thanking for putting up with my shenanigans.
                  Anyway, this turned into a longer rant than I wanted, but I hope you understand that I am making the name of Piece of Cake more versatile. And as such, you will see me posting on this blog, my YouTube Channel, and whatever other platform I take up as "Piece of Cake". Don't worry, I'll still be around, just under a different name and a different banner.
                  Thanks guys! And bear with me! I'm teaching myself how to code my website, so to get it actually up and running may take awhile. But I'll definitely keep you guys posted!



Stay frosty.


-Emmaus Nakagawa

No comments:

Post a Comment